The Difflam® Difference: Benzydamine targets the cause of sore throat pain
3 reasons why Difflam® is different from other sore throat medicines
- Difflam® contains benzydamine that’s clinically proven to help numb pain.1
- Difflam® targets inflammation – the main cause of painful, swollen sore throats.*
- Difflam® in a spray format starts relieving pain from 60 seconds.*
1. Difflam® contains benzydamine that’s clinically proven to help numb pain.1
An important study that was done in the 1970s showed that benzydamine, the main active ingredient in most Difflam® products, has a notable local anaesthetic action topical administration.1
This study was the basis for using benzydamine in Difflam® products in the management of painful conditions of the mouth and throat.
2. Difflam® targets inflammation – the main cause of painful, swollen sore throats.*
To understand how benzydamine and Difflam® work, it’s useful to understand more about inflammation – the main cause of sore throat and mouth pain.
What is inflammation?
Inflammation is our body’s way of responding to anything that irritates it. The irritation could be caused by all types of different things – like an injury, chemicals, allergens or germs.2
So, when your throat is irritated by smoke, spicy food, the cold virus or tonsillitis, it responds to that irritation by becoming inflamed.
When your throat, mouth (or any other part of your body) becomes inflamed, you will usually feel:2
- loss of function – like losing your voice.
How does Difflam® target inflammation?
Difflam® is different because it contains the anti-inflammatory ingredient, benzydamine.
When you use Difflam® for your sore throat or mouth, the benzydamine targets the cause of the pain – inflammation.
By targeting the inflamed areas, Difflam® quickly reduces the pain, heat, redness and swelling.3,4
3. Difflam® starts relieving pain quickly
When you have a sore throat or painful mouth condition, you want relief – fast.
In tests carried out where people had a sore throat, Difflam® spray starts relieving pain from 60 seconds.*
Extra Difflam® benefits
You can have peace of mind knowing that Difflam sore throat medicines are free from ingredients you don’t need.
All Difflam products are sugar-free.
Free from lactose and gluten.
*iNova Pharmaceuticals data on file.
- Simard-Savoie S, Forest D. Topical anaesthetic activity of benzydamine. Current Therapeutic Research 1978;23(6):734-745.
- InformedHealth.org. What is inflammation? Available from NCBI Bookshelf https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279298/. Accessed August 2019.
- Cioli V, Corradino, Scorza Barcellona P. Review of pharmacological data on benzydamine. International Journal of Tissue Reactions 1985;7 (3):187-193.
- Mahon. WA, De Gregorio M. Benzydamine: A critical review of clinical data. International Journal of Tissue Reactions. 1985;8(3): 229-235.